5:15-7 p.m. at Brevoort Park School, Jan. 21. Watch the sign on the school lawn for more information.
Information night for parents – 7 p.m. at Brevoort Park School, January 20, 2016
Weather permitting, 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 10
Sign-up for winter programs 7-8:30 p.m. on January 7th – Brevoort Park School
Registration for fall programs will follow the Annual General Meeting on Saturday, September 12, 2015, from 10:30 a.m.-12 noon at Brevoort Park School, 2809 Early Drive. Registrations taken after this date will be charged a $10 late fee. See the programs page for more information.
Further to the meeting held on March 25 to discuss a community garden proposal in Brevoort Park, a new location has been approved by the City, Garden Review Committee in the Nutana Suburban Centre. Plans are to locate the garden south of the Nutana Curling Rink off of Arlington Street. The garden collective is happy with this new spot and enthusiastic about moving ahead with the planning stages in order to have the opportunity to plant the garden this spring.
If you are interested in being on the garden collective, please attend the first planning session next Wednesday, April 29th at Brevoort Park School Library from 7 – 9 p.m. If you are not able to make the meeting, please forward your contact information and it will be passed on to the collective on your behalf.
Carrie Hutchison | tel 306.975.3381
City of Saskatoon | 3130 Laurier Dr | Saskatoon, SK S7L 5J7
Time to clean out your closets and start spring cleaning in preparation of the annual Brevoort Park community garage sale! Sign up at email@example.com – participating addresses will be posted on the website, Facebook, and community email distribution list, as well as having the day advertised on Kijiji and in the StarPhoenix. To be included, participants need to have a BPCA membership. If you don’t have one yet, they can be purchased for $10 and will be honoured for next year to participate.
The Brevoort Park Community Association usually meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month. With the school closed for spring break week on April 8, the meeting has been moved to Wed. April 15th. The time and location remain the same – 7 p.m. at the Brevoort Park School library. Anyone in the community is welcome to attend.
A community garden is being proposed for Brevoort Park at the north end of Brevoort Park South, just off Early Drive. An information meeting is being held to express concerns and support for this initiative. If the city receives community interest for this garden, it will be tilled for gardeners this spring. The information meeting will take place on Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 7-8:30 p.m. in the Walter Murray Collegiate cafeteria (1905 Preston Ave.)
Here is information about the community garden proposal that has been submitted for Brevoort Park and what to expect at the meeting:
– An application has been made for a community garden by two members of Brevoort Park.
– The City of Saskatoon (COS) has no position on the application.
– The application has been moved forward by city administration as per the policy.
– In order for a public meeting to be held, the COS must come up with a location that would work based on a number of factors.
– There will be a presentation by city administration, CHEP and the proponents of the garden.
– There will be a Q&A period.
– At the end of the presentation, you can fill out a questionnaire to indicate your support/opposition.
– Administration takes away all the information and decides whether or not the garden will proceed to the next step.
– If the public meeting demonstrates good support for the garden, the process continues. If the public meeting demonstrates there is a lot of opposition to the change in program then the administration in consultation with the group reassesses the location and possibility of the garden.
You are invited and encouraged to attend the meeting – this is your opportunity to voice your opinion, concerns, support, etc. To see a copy of the flyer delivered to Brevoort Park residents (includes a map of the proposed location), click on this link (will open a PDF file): GardenMeeting_andLocation
Brevoort Park Community Association Winter Fundraising Evening: Legion Hall, 3021 Louise Street
6:00 Cocktails / 7:00 Dinner
Dance 8:30 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Cash bar – no minors
For tickets contact Leanne (306-370-0366) or Chantelle (306-227-3008)
Deadline to purchase tickets is March 2, 2015 (ticket must be presented at the door for entry)
This event is in conjunction with Shinny Day in the Park, but you don’t have to play shinny join in the fun!
Draw/door prize donations gratefully accepted.